Thursday, September 11, 2008

TiLT #5

Photobucket
Peter Stanglmayr

my light homework load: I've been lucky this week in concerns to homework. I've barely had anything to do but at the same time I have enough that I'm not bored with my classes.

cool weather: =D The weather is finally starting to cool down and I couldn't be happier. Today was on the hot side though (booo) but Fall is still going to be here soon.

school clubs (model un, triune, SPA, classics etc.): Tomorrow is the first meeting for SPA (Students for Political Action) and I'm excited to see who's going to be leading it this year. I'm going to try and get really involved with this club in addition to Stage Crew, Model United Nations, yoga annnd sewing. Ignore the fact that the last two hobbies are not school clubs.

Rob Brezsny's Astrology Newsletter: I love this man, the quotes he puts in his newsletter and his belief in Pronoia. Here are some excerpts from his most recent newsletter that I got on the 9th.

"We are experiencing the initiation of the human race into a new level of
consciousness, and that is a very terrifying experience. It does no good to
turn and run from the terror of our darkness into light; we must sit it out:
zazen.

"We must take our counsel from *The Tibetan Book of the Dead* and
realize that these frightening projections of famines, economic disasters,
ecological catastrophes, floods, earthquakes, and wars are all only the
malevolent aspects of beneficent deities. If we sit and observe them, do
not identify with them, but remember our Buddha-nature, we will not be
dragged down by them into an incarnation of the hell they prefigure.

"If we run from them, we validate them; we give the projections the very
psychic energy they need to overtake us. Then, as Jung has pointed out,
the situation will happen outside as fate."

-William Irwin Thompson, *Evil and World Order*

SHARING YOUR BREATH
Quoting geneticists, Guy Murchie says we're all family. You have at least a
million relatives as close as tenth cousin, and no one on Earth is any
farther removed than your 50th cousin.

Murchie also describes our kinship through an analysis of how deeply we
share the air. With each breath, you take into your body 10 sextillion
atoms, and—owing to the wind's ceaseless circulation—over a year's time
you have intimate relations with oxygen molecules exhaled by every
person alive, as well as by everyone who ever lived. Right now you may be
carrying atoms that were once inside the lungs of Malcolm X, Christopher
Columbus, Joan of Arc, and Cleopatra. (Source: Guy Murchie, *The Seven
Mysteries of Life*)


my 2 free razors: I filled out some questionnaire or survey a while ago, and the other day I got 3 new free razors as a reward. I got a Gillette Fusion and Venus. They're pretty spiffy and fancy compared to the ones that I usually use.


The fact that a possibly "New Most Embarrassing Moment" (TM) was avoided: There was a Stage Crew meeting after school on Wednesday. Rachael and I were finger fencing on stage and my scarf-as-a-shirt got loosened in the tussle and my bra covered breast was saying hello to everyone. Not to mention we were on the stage in the Auditorium with other people playing with the spot light. Rachael pointed it out to me and I fixed my scarf-shirt. I'm pretty sure Matt was the only one who noticed because he was looking at me funny before Rachael pointed out my breast to me. Anyways I'm glad this didn't happen when people were paying attention to what I was doing.

This cookie commercial: my friends fail and haven't seen this commercial. Anyways ever since I saw this I've been playing Rod Stewart's "Do you think I'm sexy" on repeat, on my computer and in my mind.

No comments:

----The only rules I dress by are my own----

Lady V ♥'s mail

I love hearing from new people, so feel free to email me at tuntra@gmail.com

The Lady

My photo
Valentina= a 18 year old girl with an intense love for life, color and style. My family is my life and I’m having a torrid affair with television and loving every second of it. I like my school and I love my friends and I’m learning to love myself too. I love playing around with clothes but I haven’t found the patience yet to be able to keep up with actual fashion. This is a me blog where I’ll write about my life, my outfits and anything else that comes to mind. "It is absurd to divide people into good & bad. People are either charming or tedious." — Oscar Wilde)
The vast majority of the photos I use on this blog are not mine. Whenever possible I will credit photos but in some insistences this isn't possible. For example I have a collection of un-credited photos saved on my computer. So unless otherwise noted the photos on this blog are not mine. If you see an un-credited photo and it's yours (or you know who it belongs to) let me know so I can either take it down or give you credit.

Gizmos

Powered by Blogger.