Thursday, October 16, 2008

TiLT #8

Photobucket
Credit
1. Bathroom Stories by nebulaskin on deviantart
2. Louise + Park
3. Alix and Felix

Google Reader: I'm subscribed to 113 different blogs and I would not be able to keep up with these blogs without some sort of RSS feed "collector". Since I'm down with Google's plan for world domination, I immediately turned to google reader after I got around to finding out what a RSS feed was. For some reason I would always look at the Subscribe buttons on different sites in apathy. I can't believe I wasted all that time and lost track of countless sites because I was lazy. But oh well there isn't really much that I can do about it now, but I'm really grateful that it's so easy for me to keep up with websites now.


The Hamilton Spectator: Last week, or maybe the week before that, there was an announcement up at my school. The announcement pertained to the Hamilton Spec and how they were looking for a High School student to update their Pulse website weekly. And yesterday I met with this really nice lady and I got the volunteer position! I'm so excited, and even though I'm very passionate about becoming a journalist, I have zilch experience. Now that I have my foot in the door, I can hopefully get myself involved in other things at the Hamilton Spec. Or maybe even other newspapers. Not only did I get the volunteer position but JWS liked me so much that she said she would "personally advocate" for me for me to be chosen for an internship. There's a high chance I won't be able to do the intership because it might be limited to University/College students. But the fact that I got along so well with JWS so quickly was amazing.

My New Tripod: Money makes the world go round and I've been thinking (okay, I've actually been stressing and calculating) about what I want to do, where I want to go and what I want to buy. Annnd how much money I need to get to be able to do these different things. Later this week I'll be doing a "Lust List" post that'll have everything that I want to do/buy on it. A tripod was one of the things on this list. I was walking around LimeRidge and I was supposed to get some credit for my cell phone (I'm on a pay as you go plan) but I saw this neat tripod for sale at Black's Photography so I bought that instead. I really like it, and I'm looking forward to playing around with it and my camera to see what I can come up with. No more dinky 2 inch tripods for me!


ordinary every day sounds: You know those Skullcandy ear buds I was raving about a week or two ago? Welllll I still love them to death but dear god when I'm not adamant about the volume, they kill my ears. So to avoid headaches (or 'cause I left the mp3 player at home in my rush to get to school), or when I don't feel like listening to music anymore, I chose to listen and really pay attention to those every day sounds, especially when I'm on the bus. People talking, cars rushing, wind, leaves rustling, babies gurgling... I'll still take Roisin Murphy over those sounds any day but that fact doesn't make the fun out of listening to supposed "boring" things any less fun. There are so many interesting and infinite details that you can find out about people if you listen closely enough. Also, eavesdropping on conversations on the HSR* is another interesting thing to do. And most of the time, since the people don't know you they don't even bother to whisper.


The Me2We conference: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the most succinct way that I can describe how I felt after going to the Me2We conference. Oh my god, it was amazingly empowering and positive. I took pictures and recorded videos so I'll be doing a post on what went on at the conference in a couple of days.


SYTYCD America tickets: So guess who got tickets to see the American SYTYCD tour live!?!?!? My mom bought the tickets (for me, my sisters, and herself) on Aug 1st but only told us yesterday. Holy crap me and Veronica screamed and screamed when she told us. We're in the 28th row and we'll be going Oct. 29th. *___________*


sewing machine: I don't even know how to use this thing. But last year when my grandma heard I was interested in learning how to sew, she ordered one and had it delivered to our house. The only thing that sucks is that I'm guessing that she didn't look into what she was buying and the sewing machine seems to spazz whenever someone uses it. But that's besides the point, the fact that my family (despite their gossip-y nature) has such relentless faith in me and what I want to do with my life and what I dream to achieve is something that is completely priceless.


online window shopping: In my opinion, online window shopping is the best and most effective form of retail therapy. I don't have to walk anywhere, I can be in more than one store than once, and because I'm broke in real and online life it's impossible for me to make impulse buys that I'll regret later.


being on Mr. B's good side: B is a teacher at my school that is infamous for being a big meanie. Seriously the man has valid points most of the time but fails to communicate these ideas to students in ways that don't piss them off. So basically whenever he wants people to listen to him, he pisses them off, and the student mouths off at him, or scoffs at him. And then B gets more angry and wash, rinse, and repeat. Anyways, this is the first year that B has taught me before so we have a clean slate. If I ever get frustrated with him I just listen to what he says without a fuss. And in return I'm on his good side, which is pretty sweet.


DIY: In the blog post that I did yesterday I posted a picture of Rumi's DIY customized Zara boots. The same day that I bought the tripod at LimeRidge I also got some lace thigh highs at Sears. The last 3 days I kept thinking that I'd have a really nice outfit if only I had a black dress. And then I saw some ghastly leather pants (that I got from a relative) and had an epiphany for a dress that I could try and sew. Before I was following different fashion blogs, I kept up with a couple different LJ DIY communities and now I have the DIY bug again. I'm excited to try and get this dress out of my head and into my hands.


Any pictures with legs sticking out of things: Any time I see a picture with legs sticking out of anything (bonus points for hosiery) I'm instantly more endeared to the picture. I'm not sure why, but these pictures just make me happy.



*HSR= Hamilton Street Railway = Bus

No comments:

----The only rules I dress by are my own----

Lady V ♥'s mail

I love hearing from new people, so feel free to email me at tuntra@gmail.com

The Lady

My photo
Valentina= a 18 year old girl with an intense love for life, color and style. My family is my life and I’m having a torrid affair with television and loving every second of it. I like my school and I love my friends and I’m learning to love myself too. I love playing around with clothes but I haven’t found the patience yet to be able to keep up with actual fashion. This is a me blog where I’ll write about my life, my outfits and anything else that comes to mind. "It is absurd to divide people into good & bad. People are either charming or tedious." — Oscar Wilde)
The vast majority of the photos I use on this blog are not mine. Whenever possible I will credit photos but in some insistences this isn't possible. For example I have a collection of un-credited photos saved on my computer. So unless otherwise noted the photos on this blog are not mine. If you see an un-credited photo and it's yours (or you know who it belongs to) let me know so I can either take it down or give you credit.

Gizmos

Powered by Blogger.