Monday, October 20, 2008

Random Recs #2

Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep. Wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you’re just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have you. The one who turns to his friends and says, that’s her.


this is such a pile of hooey. a) i like being called both beautiful and hot, b) don’t fucking hang up on people if you are so needy that you’re only doing it to see if they call back, c) please never act like a scary stalker and stare at me in my sleep, d) forehead kisses are fine, i guess, e) i’m not a frickin lamp, you’re not “showing (me) off to the world,” i’m right here, you’re not in charge, GOD, f) makeup doesn’t make people prettier or uglier, it’s just color, g) i guess that’s okay, but don’t go overboard, for god’s sake, no one likes a brownnoser, and h) this is something that everyone says when they spy someone their waiting for across the room.
via 24 Free Dinners


"Between a Rock and a Hard Place"
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket




the first video makes me smile and the second video is my new favorite song.

4 comments:

captain sunshine said...

OH GOD.

I first started reading that stupid chain letter boyfriend crap you posted and thought, HAS SHE GONE LOOPY? THEY’RE ALL GOING ON ME. ALL OF ‘EM.
The worst one I’ve ever seen was something along the lines of “he’ll get you angry on purpose and then he’ll say he loves you.” WHAT. I’ve had this happen to me. It wasn’t a boyfriend per se, but it was incredibly stupid and I just wanted to eat him even more savagely.

“Being with people who understand you” = EEEEEE.
I was thinking about stuff along those lines today, actually, when I was with my grandma. I tend to be constantly overexerting my imagination, which leads to outta sight musings which no one else seems to get. GRR, MAKES ME THINK OF THIS LOOK DBAR GIVES ME ALL THE TIME. Lil miss emo anyway. I’d love to be that kid’s dancing partner.

I’m really not saying anything much here but I’m in a chatty mood and my stepfather whatever’s (what should I call him now?) presence in my house (and the connected discomfort) has reduced me to yawning off to my boudoir. I know *I* would love getting nice long blog comments, so I'm doing you a favor anyway.

I should have a virtual friend.
I do actually.
A fish.
Named Mopy.
Look him up.
Get your own.
...
<3

(btw, if you're allowed to watch Gossip Girl, how much interest am I allowed to take in Paris Hilton's new venture?)

Unknown said...

you have a cute blog :)

Valentina said...

Rex Hahaha, sorry to scare you there =P

I miss actually being able to see you in person, I really need to get my cell phone back to life so I can at least text you + others.

“he’ll get you angry on purpose and then he’ll say he loves you.” ummmm why?

..wanted to eat him even more savagely. I don't think my mind likes this scary imagery Rachael.

“Being with people who understand you” = EEEEEE. Is that an EEEE of joy or frustration? I'm guessing joy.

The whole being with someone who gets you is a huuggee part of the reason why I'm not in a rush to get myself a boyfriend. For some reason I really feel like I won't find any guys that "get" me. And I don't even know what to do with DBAR anymore, I'm just leaving that alone despite how I want to "fix" her. I'm going to treat her like a somewhat bad book. I'm going to thoroughly overlook the plot holes so I can make it through to the rest of the book/high school.

and poo to your Step-dad. We should come up with a fun nickname for that guy.

Mopy= Big Brothers Virtual Pet = <3

Since I've taken a full interest in GG you have permission to watch at least one trashy show :P

Hopefully I'll see you at Classics today after school
xoxox

Jenny H. Thank you!

A. said...

haha yes i did & she was AMAZING!

& that moloko song is my absolutely favourite. the video is stunning - i love all that vivienne westwood (!)

xx

----The only rules I dress by are my own----

Lady V ♥'s mail

I love hearing from new people, so feel free to email me at tuntra@gmail.com

The Lady

My photo
Valentina= a 18 year old girl with an intense love for life, color and style. My family is my life and I’m having a torrid affair with television and loving every second of it. I like my school and I love my friends and I’m learning to love myself too. I love playing around with clothes but I haven’t found the patience yet to be able to keep up with actual fashion. This is a me blog where I’ll write about my life, my outfits and anything else that comes to mind. "It is absurd to divide people into good & bad. People are either charming or tedious." — Oscar Wilde)
The vast majority of the photos I use on this blog are not mine. Whenever possible I will credit photos but in some insistences this isn't possible. For example I have a collection of un-credited photos saved on my computer. So unless otherwise noted the photos on this blog are not mine. If you see an un-credited photo and it's yours (or you know who it belongs to) let me know so I can either take it down or give you credit.

Gizmos

Powered by Blogger.